Friday, January 15, 2010

Ravens Colts - Sweet Revenge???


So I'm not a big sports fan but ocassionally I will watch a game or two. I generally don't like to watch it on TV because the screaming of the fans in the background drives me nuts. I'd rather be at the game - for some reason the noise doesn't bother me there.

Generally I get a little more interested in the games if it's near a championship and its the home team (Orioles or Ravens).  Many of my friends go ape wild for any game but especially when they are winning.

This weekend is the Baltimore Ravens vs. Indianapolis Colts.  For those of you who don't know the history the Colts were once the Baltimore Colts until the left town (actually were stolen in my opinion) under the cover of darkness. I remember that day as if it were yesterday...it was kind of like remembering where you were when the first man stepped on the moon!

The feeding frenzy has begun with people wearing beat Indianapolis shirts, Bmore bathed in purple lights on high rises and purple clothing everywhere...even Raven jerseys at church!  This game will be a kind of sweet revenge if the Ravens win for all of us in the Baltimore area.

And,  likely I will watch with the rest of the town in hopes that we will whip their butts.

Today on Facebook one of my friends had a Raven Prayer...you gotta love this...hope God doesn't strike us down or make us loose because of heresy....At the risk of this I will repost it for your reading pleasure:

Our Flacco, who art in Indianapolis, hallowed be thy name. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, in Miami as it is in the Dome. Give us this Saturday, our weekly win. Give us touchdown passes, but do not let others pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the Super Bowl. For thine is the MVP, the ...best of the NFL and the glory of the purple and black, now and forever. AMEN! Let’s go RAVENS!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

That is too funny - I am not a sports fan so it is hard for me to understand how people get so carried away, my husband isn't a fan either so it all passes us by.

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...