Friday, January 29, 2010

Annamarie and Cocky Poppy

Today my feature is an old friend from Ebay, Annamarie Armstrong. Annamarie is also a member of the DAWG Team. I met her through an ACEO group on Ebay way back when.

I love Annamarie's art. . She says in her interview that she's looking for inspiration but her parrot has seemed to always be an inspiration to her. She paints the most adorable pictures of Cocky Poppy.

Here's a link to Annamarie's web page: http://mrsvalpique.tripod.com/

1) Tell us about yourself.
I'm a 38 year old self taught artist. I love painting parrots and flowers. I like to sail. I have a little sailboat called the Pirate Kitty. I am a big Alabama football fan!

2) What are your preferred mediums and art scale (miniature, large art, etc)
My favorite medium is watercolors. I love painting ACEO's. I only do larger works on commission.

3) What are your inspirations.
Right now I'm searching for inspiration.

4) Describe your art style.
My style is realism.

5) Do you do anything other than painting (jewelry, crafts)
I play around with polymer clay and jewelry. I also like to sew.

6) If you blog, what is your blog link.
Not a big blogger

7) Where do you sell online?
Etsy, Ebay and GCU

8) Are you opened to commission work?
yes

9) What was your favorite piece of work? If you have a photo, include it.
My favorite painting is Cocky Poppy. (My parrot )

8) Do you sell in a brick & mortar shop? If so where?
No

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Thanks for sharing with us, It was nice to see Annamarie and Poppy here today.

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...