Saturday, August 2, 2014

Time Flies!

I can't believe it's been 5 years that I have been studying iconography. Over the years, I have learned so much from my teacher Irena. She is a master iconographer who is from Russia. Her job in Russia was working for the Synod of Bishops restoring ancient icons. There's so much in her head, it amazes me sometimes. You would have thought after 5 years I would know everything she does but every so often she will say something or teach me something that is completely new to me. 

Iconography is not easy. It is so unlike any other form of painting I've ever done. I enjoy working on the icons because by the end of it, I feel like I know that Saint as well as any of my real friends as I study their image and talk them in silent prayer.

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...