Saturday, January 25, 2014

village life


For the past few days I have been visiting a friend in The Villages. She and her Mom gave me the grand tour. It is an interesting concept and a well thought out planned community. I can see why so many want to live the life style. There is a lot to do here and a sense of community. I think what helps that is all the people who are thrown together from all walks of life away from their families and friends. You all become family because you all have that in common.

I had to laugh. Every night they have music in the square. People put bags on their chairs earlier in the day to save their seat (see photo).

I loved it here and the shopping was fabulous. Anyway it is a nice place and well kept. I have never seen my friend, her husband and her Mom happier. And yes it is Florida's friendliest hometown.

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...