Friday, January 24, 2014

Paint Party Friday

Woo hoo  Party Friday. Today's feature is a piece of painted porcelain. I did this tray a few months ago. I used a maple leaf that  I painted on the back with china paints. It was pressed against the china to transfer the image. Then I smoothed out the paint and added some where necessary and fired it in the kiln

 It's hard to see in this photo but the words to the right is the St. Francis of Assisi Peace Prayer. It is gold lettering. No I didn't do the lettering I cheated and used a  kiln fired decal but if you saw my handwriting you'd know why!

The prayer reads:

Lord make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred,
Let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, Joy.

O Divine Master grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled
As to console;
To be understood,as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life..

This piece of porcelain is available in my Etsy shop. Here's the link:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/172475024/kiln-fired-fall-leaf-with-st-francis?ref=shop_home_active_16

----------------------

For more really cool art, visit Paint Party Friday Blog at: 
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

DVArtist said...

This is a very nice piece you did on the plate. Well done.
Nicole/Beadwright

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...