Monday, November 11, 2013

Total Surrender

So yesterday I was waiting for Mass to start at the Irish Festival. A lady walked up with a therapy dog

in training. He was so beautiful. He was also very well behaved. She sat down. He sat down. She pet him on the head and then he rolled over on his back. She tried to move him out of the aisle but he just laid there with his feet straight up so she kind of pulled him under the seat and there he laid with all the people going around them.

Once I was told that when a dog rolls over like that, it means that it represents total trust & surrender.

It occurred to me as I thought about it that what better place to totally trust and surrender than at Mass in the presence of God.  It was a great start to my day.
----------------------------------------
Prayer:  Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given me: I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will. Give me only Your love and Your grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more.
Prayer Source: CatholicCulture.org

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...