Thursday, November 7, 2013

Having a Ball!

So for the past month or so I have been volunteering at Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center in Millersville.  It's something I've always wanted to do since way back when my kids were in school and went there for class trips. My path has always crossed that place, from the kids, to my job of 35 years at DNR and even with 4-H as the volunteer coordinator and I are judges at county fair.

It was at the fair that I realized when I went on my phone browser that the other judge was the
volunteer coordinator for AEOE. Who knew? Not me and I've known Sheen a long time. Boy was I surprised. So I talked with her and here I am. Thursday is my day there.

Photo taken by staff at AE
It has been one of my biggest joys and the thing I look forward to most during the week (with the exception of Mass of course).  All the 4th Graders in the State visit there to learn about the effects of humans on the Chesapeake Bay. I'm having a wonderful time working with these kids and enjoy watching them enjoy nature and the great outdoors.  Not to mention the view is not too bad either as it sits on the Severn River.

And what a great bunch of people on the 4th Grade Team..pictured to the right. They are so much fun. I love being a part of the team even if it is only once a week.

---------
For more information on Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center http://arlingtonecho.net

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...