Friday, July 6, 2012

Paint Party Friday!

Before
After
Happy Paint Party Friday! I love painting these rosary boxes. I painted this one and then I thought to myself...it needs something else. So I went and mixed up some "pen oil" with my china paints and penned in some scrolls. I think it looks much better. Excuse the green cast on the second photo. I tried to fix the color in photo shop but I'm not so good at that sort of thing.

The coloring is more accurate in the first photo but you get the idea with the scrolling. The crazy color cast was because I photographed it on a green back ground.  I need to rephotograph it so I can get it up in my Etsy shop...

Speaking of rosary boxes. I had someone ask me to paint one for a man. She wanted a flower on it..single rose but I was thinking, that's not very manly. She was from Arizona so I looked on line to see what their state flower was. Turns out it is the Saguaro Cactus. It occurred to me that cacti are more manly than a rose so I asked her if she minded if I did the cactus and here's how it turned out. She was more than delighted and I was very happy with how it turned out.

Happy Paint Party Friday.

For more Paint Party Features visit: http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/ 



9 comments:

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Very cute! Love the flowers. :)

Carolyn Dube said...

Beautifully painted rosary boxes!

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely creations ~ especially like the last one of the 'cactic' ~ ~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

Netty said...

pretty creation. Happy PPF, Annette x

GlorV1 said...

Very nice job. Thank you for sharing. have a wonderful weekend.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Really lovely, Joann!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Karen Smithey said...

Beautiful work! I love the scrolls--they really finished it off!

Lisabella Russo said...

I love the flowers and the cacti one is wonderful!

JKW said...

The Rosary boxes are beautiful. Blessings, Janet PPF I don't think this will go through I cannot seem to see the right characters, don't think I can visit your blog, sorry!

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...