Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fun Afternoon



Market Street Frederick MD
Today I met my friend Rebecca in Frederick Maryland for lunch. I love Frederick. It is such a quaint little town with lots of boutiques, antique shops and eateries. It's a little hike (about an hour away) but it's a nice drive on mostly high speed highways! We ate at the Orchid on Market Street. I had gazpacho and a Polynesian stir fry...yummy.
Patrick Street

Polish Art Glass
After lunch I took a stroll around town in and out of some of the shops. One of shops I love is Amber Coast on Patrick Street. It has lots of items imported from Eastern Europe. I bought a piece of Polish art glass. This is my second piece. The last one I bought in Laurel. It's a wine glass...cobalt blue .I love the Polish pottery & glassware and cannot help thinking about my grandparents who immigrated from Plock Poland in the late 1800's when I look at it.

 It was a tough decision to buy the little bird because they also had Polish Pottery which I absolutely love.  But they didn't have my patterns so  I passed it up for the cute little bird. She looks cute in my window.

If you are ever in the area, visit Frederick, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...