Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's Been A While....

,,,but I'm back. I am sorry I have been remiss at my blogging. LOL. Lots have been going on in my life. My beautiful daughter Jackie is getting married in January. I have been doing my Mother of the Bride duties running here and there with her. I painted 51 tea caddies and 6 teapots for her tea party bridal shower. Here's a photo of her at the shower with the little veil her maid of honor made her.


 I've also been preparing for 2 craft shows one of which is this weekend. It's a home show.I'd like to thank all my friends who have come to the 3 day show and supported us. It means a lot to me. No matter if you bought something of mine or not, just your smiling faces and compliments are a huge pick me up!  It's so tiring to be on one's feet for long days.

I have got to say my craft show buddies have done a wonderful job. Marie has the most adorable prim things. Patricia (another porcelain artist) has lovely unusual lustered ornaments. Allison's florals are top knotch. Tisha's watercolors are beautiful and her knitting is awesome. I bought the cutest little grey hat (and you know how I love hats) but that's another story.

After the craft show I will have lots of new pieces in my Etsy shop. Right now it's on "vacation" status until after this show. I want to wish all of you a Blessed Thanksgiving. And speaking of giving thanks I'd like to leave you with a prayer I found on Catholic.org:

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
We praise you and give you glory:
We bless you for calling us to be your holy people.

Remain in our hearts,
And guide us in our love and service.
Help us to let our light shine before others
And lead them to the way of faith.

Holy Trinity of love,
We praise you now and for ever.

Amen!
-----------See You SOON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your daughters upcoming marriage.Your craft sale sounds wonderful as do the tea caddies.Thats a beautiful prayer, really.

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...