Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Royal Ado Hat or Fascinator?

It seems that the Royal Wedding has caused a Royal Ado. You cannot go to any channel without seeing something speculating on what Kate will be wearing or who will be attending. Then there's the interviews with the fashion designers ad nauseam. Today the morning shows were outside the Palace. The world seems to have the Royal Fever.

Even one of my friends has it. She called the other day. The conversation went like this.

Charmaine (Char)
Char: What are you doing Friday? Me: I think I'm free. What do you have in mind? Char: I know you are an early bird. Can you be at my house at 5:30 am.?  Me: For what?????  Char: for the Royal Wedding and don't forget to wear a hat. Me: What???? Char: Well I've invited another friend and will be making breakfast. Me: 5:30 am? That means I have to get up at 4:30 to get dressed and drive to Baltimore. Char: But I know you are an early bird. Me: Well see.

So  what are you doing at 5:30 am EST on Friday? I'm probably going to go to my friend's house. She's a pastry chef so I know breakfast will be awesome and she's been out of town for a couple months. So I will go to see her not Kate.  But NOW I have to decide a fascinator like Char's or a hat. I've got lots of them in all colors!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Enjoy your breakfast. I don't know what the facination is with celebrity but people feel they want to be a part of something they are not really a part of. Even in America, that is all the papers are printing. I wish them well, but frankly I won't be watching. I'd rather watch someone get married who I actually know.

Valerie-Jael said...

I will surely see enough pics in the news without wasting my precious time watching the Wedding., not my cup of tea! But enjoy your breakfast!

Marlene said...

Breakfast will be delicious I am sure, but there is no way I would drive anywhere at that time of the morning.

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...