Monday, December 21, 2009

A Good Turn....

...deserves another. Well as most of my friends and family know I've been sick for over a week. I guess the blizzard was a blessing because it didn't tempt me to go out but made me stay and lay around.

Well today I was checking email and one of the Members of my Etsy.com Old Farmhouse Gathering Team did a feature on 3 members and I was one! I instantly felt so much better. So I was thinking I need to get back to featuring people again. I have been so bad at my blogging and featuring the 2 teams I belong to.

So today I begin. First off I should tell you a little about the 2 teams I belong to. Both are made up of wonderfully talented women. The first is Designing Artists Womens Group (DAWG TEAM) which features primarily miniature art (ACEO) artists. The other is Old Farmhouse Gathering (OFG TEAM). OFG is made up of mostly primitive artists but there are a few of us on the cottage end. Our former leader Linda (Prairie Rose) was on the cottage side. She recently passed away from a massive heart attack. What a great loss to the world and our team. She was the driving force and a wonderful person who always was there to help us out).

The team member who featured me today is a member of the OFG Team. She does beautiful baskets. Her name is Rose. As I was going through her etsy shop, I was thinking her prices are so reasonable. I think about those Longaberger baskets and the prices people pay for them. Her baskets are beautiful and priced so reasonably that I think she can give Longaberger a run for their money! AND she does beautiful quilts. Here are a few of my favorites from her shop....please go and browse she has 49 items in her shop and I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...