Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Faux Leather Porcelain


...yes can you believe it. I took a workshop on how to make your porcelain look like tooled leather. This picture doesn't do it justice. It's $15 in my Etsy Store

It was so much fun to do. China paints are a powdered paint that is mixed with an oil mixing medium. So with that you add zinc oxide which makes the paint have a matted appearance. Then you outline your design in penwork. Fire it. Then you paint the areas in with the base color. Fire it. Then you go back and with a piece of seranwrap (with the paint thinned down) and do the faux work. Fire it. Next put in shadows. And guess what? Fire it! :) It was fun.

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...