Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A Visit from Beatrice

Last night I had a very unusual dream. For one thing I don't usually remember my dreams and when I do, they usually don't involve someone who has passed.

After my Mom died, I had a dream with her in it. She was very excited telling me she saw her mother and she had a colorful aura all around her. I was scared and I told Mom that I didn't like seeing dead people. I guess I was scared. After that I never had any more dreams with her in it.

But last night, I had a very interesting dream! I had a dream that we were having some kind of family get together.  All my Yori cousins were there and they all left together to go someplace. I was left behind reminiscent of when I was a child and they would also leave me behind because I was so much younger than they were.

Well all of a sudden I turned around and I saw Grandmom Yori! She was younger than when she died and she wasn't wearing her glasses. I immediately recognized her and thought to myself that the Yori cousins would be very upset that they missed her.

I ran up to her and greeted her and told her how much I loved and missed her. And I remarked that I hadn't seen her since I was 9.  She was moved when I told her how devastated I was when she died. I also told her that I knew that the night she died, it was her who was standing at the bottom of my bed and that I was sorry I ran down the hallway because I was afraid causing her spirit to leave.

It's making me nuts but I can't remember what she told me in that dream but I remember I had a conversation with her because I remembered that one of my Yori cousins said she never had a conversation with her and I was thinking, "oh gee, she should have been here."  Grandmom Yori spoke perfect English and I was very surprised because when I was a child she spoke little English mostly Italian interspersed with English. I was so happy to see her.

Now that I have mature and I'm not afraid to see family that have gone before me in dreams, I hope to have more conversations with her. And I really hope I remember what she says...I need could use help with the family tree, especially on the Pannoni (her maiden name) side.

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...