Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day ...Did you vote?

Got up early this morning and high tailed it up to the polling place. It wasn't bad, just an hour wait. I generally wait until mid day when there are no lines but I had my grandson with me who wanted to go out for breakfast. I had brought a big ole toosie-pop with me to keep him busy and it lasted him almost to the end of the line! LOL

We used the wait to talk about elections, how people in other countries don't get this opportunity, how important voting is and why we should vote.  The election judge gave him a sticker too!

I'd like to take a moment to remember the people who sacrificed their lives & serve in the military  to give us this right. I heard a man say on TV today that voting is your duty to your country. I never thought of it that way.  I always vote even in primaries and some time during that time, I always think about our men & women in uniform....God Bless America.

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...