Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happiness on Hump Day!

Well this has been a wonderful hump day.  For one, I won 3rd Place in the ACEO Online Magazine for my ACEO "Oh My". Angela did an interview with me. Here's the link:  http://www.angelasartarea.com/aom_interviews_jan2011_winners/joann_y_wheeler

I was pretty tickled because it gave me a forum to promote the Little Sisters of the Poor, St. Martin's Home and their Capital Campaign.

Speaking of which, in the last 2 days, I had 2 sales there. One for 3 religious ACEO's and another for 2 framed prints of my religious icons!  Soooo 100% of the sale went to Little Sisters!  I was happy to be able to give them $90 in 2 days. If this keeps up, who know I might help make a dent in that $25 million...well maybe not because that's alot of painting. I did another 4 religious  ACEO's and put them up in my shop:  http://artfulpurpose.etsy.com/   I did one called "The Appearance" (the Blessed Mother), St. John Neumann, Jesus in the Garden & St. Rose of Lima.  Speaking of St. Rose. My favorite quote of her's is "Let all men know graces comes after tribulation."

So as a reminder all religious painting sales are donated 100% to the Little Sisters. Other sales, 25% goes to them. Have a blessed day!



3 comments:

Crystal said...

Congratulation on being featured. Adorable ACEO! :-)

Anonymous said...

Joann, we are so grateful for your friendship and appreciate your art and creativity! Thank you for helping us make the elderly happy! -LSP

Beth said...

Wow, congrats!

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...