Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Feature

Today's Friday Feature is Jan of PaintingsbyJan.  I picked her because  I thought she favorited my little tea caddy (pictured below) however, going back to it, she didn't but she was the last person to favorite my shop!


Jan just joined Etsy this month!  She is just starting to upload her art so make sure to come by frequently to see what she lists.  My favorite piece in her shop is this 4x6 painting to the left.


According to her profile from her blog she is a self taught artist painting since 2005.She loves to paint small artwork called  Art Card's Editions & Originals (ACEOs)  and  Small Format Art (SFA).  Her medium is acrylic paints on watercolor paper. She considers her  style as Impressionism/Realism. She has loved art all of her life...ever since she knew what a box of crayons were. Now that she is all grown-up and over 60, she has  traded in her crayons for acrylic paints.

Oh and while you are at it, check out her blog too: http://jansgalleryofsmallart.blogspot.com/

-------------------
The link for the tea caddy is: http://www.etsy.com/listing/63999340/hand-painted-porcelain-tea-caddy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joann I would like to thank you so much for this wonderful posting. I can only hope that I can fill my new shop on Etsy with my art and have a shop that's as wonderful as your shop on Etsy. By the way...I adore your tea caddies and so many of the other beautiful items you have on Etsy.

Thank you again...Jan

Adorable Country Classics said...

Wonderful feature Joann! Love her paintings!

Crystal said...

Cute ACEO! I love those quaint old barns and cabins. :-)

angelself said...

Thanks for sharing this, Joann. I love Jan's work =)
Kathryn

Debra Keirce said...

What a pretty Tea Caddy Joann! You create the most lovely porcelain pieces!

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...