Thursday, July 9, 2009

Death By Chocolate

You know I always kid and say, "Give me Chocolate or give me death". This morning I was going through the news online and came across this article. It's so sad.  I might have to rethink my quote.


Factory Worker Dies After Falling Into Vat of Chocolate    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 
 


A 22-year-old factory worker died Wednesday after he fell into a vat of boiling chocolate at a manufacturing plant in New Jersey, police said.


The Camden County prosecutor's office identified the victim as Vincent Smith II. He was a temporary worker at the Cocoa Services Inc. plant.


Smith had been in the melting pot for about 10 minutes by the time rescue crews arrived, MyFOXPhilly.com reported.


Prosecutor's spokesman Jason Laughlin says a co-worker tried to shut off the machine and two others tried to pull Smith out of the 8-foot-deep vat. He was hit and fatally injured by the agitator that mixes the chocolate.


By the time he was pulled out of the tank just after 11 a.m., he was already dead.


The plant is owned by Lyons and Sons.


The cause of the accident was not immediately known. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration was called in to investigate, MyFOXPhilly.com reported

1 comment:

Jan said...

How horrible even if it was death by chocolate! Too many times we say things we probably don't mean!

I wanted to let you know that I have an award for you if you'll stop by my blog!

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...