Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Worth Repeating....Progression of China Painting

So I posted this in my blog last July and I'm thinking it would be good to repost. Hope you enjoy it.

So people always ask me how I do this. This time I took some pictures at each stage. Each piece of china is painted and fired in a kiln to a temperature of 1800 degrees multiple times. Here's some pictures of how it progresses:
Inspiration Piece
Blank china:


Design sketched in:



First Fire:

Second Fire:



Third Fire and Final Product:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joann, I am in love with your China painting! Do you have a kiln that you fire it in at your home? How cool is that!!!!

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...