Needles-n-Pins Stitcheries: Shamrock Time
8 hours ago
Don't you love signs?
I do and if they are funny,
even better. Today's feature
is Ice House Crafts. I was looking through her shop and
this sign caught my eye. I used to work in a cubicle
and I can definitely relate to this sign! And the one
below is beyond funny! So read a little about one of
my OFG Team members, Ice House Crafts.
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you
choose that name? My etsy shoppe is called Icehousecrafts. I choose that
name as when I started selling and buying online we lived
in an old farmhouse of which was once an icehouse for
the farm that we lived on. The walls in the icehouse
part of the house were 24” thick stone. The farm was
established in 1905.
2. How long have you been on Etsy? I’ve been selling on etsy since February 2008. 3. What type of items do you offer? Mostly on etsy I offer hand painted stenciled wood signs.
I have also offered hand painted vintage pieces from time
4. How long have you been crafting? I’ve been doing crafts since I was a young girl...
from crochet to macramé and finally to decorative
painting. I’ve been painting fulltime since my
middle son was a toddler so about 18 years for
source for inspiration.
They give you the framework
for an idea and things
just go from there.
6. What is your favorite item
in your shop and why? I have to say my favorite things
in my etsy shoppe right now are
my ouija board sign and wrong answer sign. The ouija
board sign because as a young girl I was fascinated
with “how” it worked. The wrong answer one, well
it’s just obvious from looking at it as to why! LOL!
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore,
blog) www.icehousecrafts.blogspot.com www.artfire.com/users/icehousecrafts www.stores.shop.ebay.com/icehousecrafts__W0QQ_armrsZ1 www.icehousecrafts.etsy.com
Another OFG Team feature today is Cindy of Artbyme.etsy.com
The photo to the left is a heart pin. I just love this little pin..just in time for Valentine's!
Cindy also has some cute snowmen things in her shop...and you know how I love snowmen...
There's no man like a snowman! Here's her interview.
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name? Artbyme That is my name on Ebay and wanted to keep everything the same. 2. How long have you been on Etsy? Little over a year 3. What type of items do you offer? Primitive Folk Art Dolls 4. How long have you been crafting? Over 20 years
5. Who or What inspires you? I can get inspiration from just about anything. I do get a lot from other creative people. 6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why? Halloween items. I love creating Halloween items. 7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog) http://www.artbymecindy.blogspot.com http://www.artbymecindy-soatp.com http://Artbyme.artfire.com http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/artbyme_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ
Well hello everyone. It's hump day (Wednesday) and it's time to feature one of my OFG team members
So I must be hungry this morning because I was thinking who to feature from OFG and I thought of Kris
and her absoluely adorable gingerbread men. They are so cute I just had to share them
with you. The ones pictured are her original signature design. She also has some other awesome
decorative painting in her shop. So on to the interview.
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?
Painted Kreations........chosen because I paint. The K in Kreations because of my name starting with a
K and I wanted to be original.
2. How long have you been on Etsy?
Since February of 2008
3. What type of items do you offer?
I have handpainted items on a variety of surfaces. I paint in different styles, and also create and
paint my own gingerbread designs.
4. How long have you been crafting?
Probably 25 years, more so in the last 10 years, being involved in craft shows and such.
5. Who or What inspires you?
I use painting as a stress release, inspired by designers such as Terrye French, Maxine Thomas,
Monika Brint, Renee Mullins, etc.
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
The angel tub with bath items.........love the soft colors and lavendar scents
7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog)
I hope you enjoyed the feature. Tomorrow look for a member of my DAWG Team! :)