Monday, January 25, 2010

Jen aka Aloquin


Meet my friend Jen. She's a member of the DAWG Team.  I have a number of her ACEO's. She has a real creative streak. Jen has been through a lot in her life but has always kept the faith and trusted in God.

Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. (Psalm 37:3-5)


1) Tell us about yourself.

My name is Jennifer Morrison. I am 34 years old, and currently live on Long Island, in NY. I live with my wonderful husband of almost 2 years and our beautiful 9 month old baby boy, Kyle, who is the pride of my life! I graduated LIU Southampton with a degree in Graphic Design, but haven't really had the opportunity to use it YET. I am a Born-Again Christian who loves God. I have been drawing nearly my whole life, and am addicted to Etsy. :)

2) What are your preferred mediums and art scale (miniature, large art, etc)

Mainly, I make ACEOs (Art Cards, Editions, and Originals). They are 3.5 by 2.5, or vice versa. You can make them with virtually any medium out there, and they are highly collectible, and loads of fun to make! I also make barrettes, and several other items, depending on the time of year. My Etsy shop is always being updated.

3) What are your inspirations.

God, Art Nouveau, Frank Lloyd Wright, the city, and lighthouses! :)

4) Describe your art style.

I basically... can't. I really do not have a cohesive style. Every thing I make looks different from the piece before. It's always been that way. Frustrating sometimes, but it also sets me apart.

5) Do you do anything other than painting (jewelry, crafts)

I do anything crafty! From knitting to beading, if I can get my hands on it... I'll do it. :)

6) If you blog, what is your blog link.

http://www.aloquin.blogspot.com

7) Where do you sell online?

http://www.aloquin.etsy.com

8) Are you opened to commission work?

Absolutely.

9) What was your favorite piece of work? If you have a photo, include it.

I like so many ACEOs that I've done, it's impossible to choose. So I'll post this picture of a barrette I made that I'm particularly fond of how it came out.




8) Do you sell in a brick & mortar shop? If so where?

Nope!

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...