Friday, January 22, 2010
I love her lighthouses and she also does "House Portraits" for realtors as well as pet portraits. Brenda is really diverse in her art. I am not usually an abstract lover but she has 2 abstracts on her website that are awesome.
Her website has a wonderful bible quote that I'd like to share with you. "For God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of power, of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
So here is a little about Brenda. I hope you enjoy it.
1) Tell us about yourself.
My name is Brenda Thour and I am a Wildlife and Landscape Artist. I started painting in 1999 and am loving the incredible journey. I am also a wife and mother of two grown kids. I have a muscle weakness called Slow Channel Myasthenia Gravis (I know it's a mouthful). I also have a fused spine from having scholiosis growing up.
2) What are your preferred mediums and art scale (miniature, large art, etc)
My favorite medium is water soluble oils. I also use acrylic and watercolor. My preferered scale is miniature to 18x24, although I have done larger.
3) What are your inspirations.
My inspiration comes from one of our precious gifts from God, nature, especially animals.
4) Describe your art style.
My style is representational.
5) Do you do anything other than painting (jewelry, crafts)
I do make some magnets and pendants featuring my paintings. I also love to crochet in the winter.
6) If you blog, what is your blog link.
7) Where do you sell online?
8) Are you opened to commission work?
9) What was your favorite piece of work? If you have a photo, include it.
My very favorite piece is an aceo called Hiding pictured above.
8) Do you sell in a brick & mortar shop? If so where?
So remember this plate of the Holy Family that I blogged about a while ago. I finally finished it. The photo on the left shows it in &quo...