Sunday, January 24, 2010

Apple Tree Cottage


Today's feature is one of my OFG Team members.  She's from Alabama and quite a talented decorative painter of prim!  I absolutely adore this watering can from her etsy shop. After raising rabbits for years while my children were in 4H I seem to have a soft spot for things with bunnies on them!  Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the interview.

1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name?

When I was a little girl, my family moved. I was very lonely but found a library near our home, so I would walk there every day and spend hours browsing at books. I found a book titled Apple Tree Cottage and I was absolutely swept away by it. The cottage was a magical place where peace and love was found. I decided if I would name my shop in honor of this book that has such an impression on me when I was young.

2. How long have you been on Etsy?
I joined Etsy in January, 2008.

3. What type of items do you offer?
I offer an eclectic mix of vintage, folk art and primitive items. I love to paint on old pieces that have a story to tell when they come my way.

4. How long have you been crafting? FOREVER!
I have been fortunate to be surrounded by people who have encouraged me since I was small. My husband and my daughter are my two biggest fans.

5. Who or What inspires you?
I love things that come to me with a history. Old boxes, drawers and coffee pots have a story to tell and I like to add just a little “prim” icing on the cake when I find a piece that longs to be reinvented.

6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why?
I can’t say I have one favorite piece. I love everything I paint… each item in my store is something that I would place in my own home.

7. Other places where you can be found (Ebay, webstore, blog) I sell only on Etsy.

You may visit my blog at appletreecottage.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great write up. Thank you for helping out the OFG Family.

Firecracker Kid said...

Ah, another pretty painter as well as you Joann:) Thank you! Hugs,Carol

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Wonderful write up Joann :-)
Kim

Marlene said...

Thank you for introducing us to all these wonderful artist. I love the name of this shop and her work.

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...