Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Culinary Lessons of Life

I don't have a great track record in the kitchen. It seems though that every attempt at cooking teaches me something.  With this track record I wonder sometimes how it is that I'm overweight? Wouldn't you think if you mutilate your breakfast/lunch/dinner you'd be skinny? Maybe it's the eating out that I have to do because my food is sometimes inedible. LOL Here's some of my valuable culinary lessons:

Lesson 1: Make sure you don't boil over the gnocchi. Use a bigger pot, more water and for heaven's sake stay off Facebook!

Lesson 2: Bacon will NEVER get crispy in the frying pan. Ask me how I know? You must drain it. Leaving it in the pan just burns it. And don't try to feed it to the dog because even HE won't eat it.

Lesson 3: Use a deeper bowl to make instant oatmeal and use the plastic covers that you spent the money to buy.

Lesson 4: Pay attention to what you're cooking.  Make sure not to walk away from the toaster oven to flip through your phone. And, if you smell something, chances are it's burned.

1 comment:

Kristin Dudish said...

Lol! Thank you for sharing your culinary expertise... This post was very funny! On the upside, you could use the smoke detector as a dinner bell ;)

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...