Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back & Happy New Year

Well today is the last day of 2011.  I'm thinking it's been a pretty good year. My daughter got engaged and my son got married this year.  I joined a senior center (I'm one of the youngest there) and have been having fun making cards & jewelry.  I lost 13 pounds but I think 5 found their way back! LOL.  My family had this photo taken. I've always wanted to have one taken and never had. This was the best year to do it since we would include my two newest kids (Diana and Jay).


My husband and I made a trip to Atlantic City. We didn't win anything but we had a great time. I hadn't been there in years. My whole family (kids & grandson) went on the annual trip to Ocean City. It was lots of fun. I look forward to that trip every year. This summer I also saw Bill Cosby at Pier 6. He was awesome. I have always wanted to see him. It was a real treat.

My parents have been in fairly good health for 83 and 84. I'm so lucky to have them. I realize I won't have them here for ever so I try to spend as much time with them as possible.

This year I began making greeting cards. I made all my Christmas Cards and have made several get well and birthday cards. I had a friend tell me she planned to keep all the cards I sent her when she was sick. That made me feel good! :)

So I hope your 2011 was a good one too. If not, remember, there's always next year and it can only get better! So I wish you lots of  blessings in 2012, health, happiness and prosperity. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. :)




2 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Joann,
I love your family photo here...and it sounds like you had a good year.

A handmade card has so much meaning, I agree. Happy New Year to you and your family, too. I am looking forward to our continued blog friendship.

Take care ~Natalie

The Farmer's Attic said...

Happy New Year Joann! May 2012 be filled with blessing upon blessing.

You have a beautiful family!!!

Lucy

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...