Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ringin' the Belle!

Another DAWG  Team feature. Today it's Belle. Belle is one of the newer members of the DAWG Team.  She's a talented artist and photographer as well. I was going through her Artfire Shop and my favorite there is Kissing Tulips. Even the title makes me smile. I hope you will enjoy her

1) Tell us about yourself.
Hi my name is Crystal Barton but my mom has always called me Belle. I have been creative since a child and am grateful for my artistic heritage. I recently started creating ACEO (art cards) and am hooked! I still enjoy sketching and making jewelry mostly, but will occasionally paint or etch. I am a stay at home mother of two, registered nurse, wife, and self taught web designer. I love nature, horses, trees, and reading vampire novels.

2) What are your preferred mediums and art scale (miniature, large art, etc)
I recently started creating ACEO (art cards) and am hooked! I still enjoy sketching and making jewelry mostly, but will occasionally paint or etch. ACEO by definition must be 2.5 by 3.5 inches, although I have done smaller images, I rarely go smaller anymore. I tend to sketch in 5X7 or 8X10 sizes when I'm not working on cards. I love sketching celebrities or animals with either pencils or ink..

3) What are your inspirations.
Nature, my family, and my love for the fantastic.

4) Describe your art style.
Loose, free, simple, yet realistic. Honest.

5) Do you do anything other than painting (jewelry, crafts)
Yes, jewelry in all types, some sewing when I am able and invitations or cards.

6) If you blog, what is your blog link.
The Starving Artist's Forum

7) Where do you sell online?
ArtFire
Etsy
eBay: Search ID: cbelle78
Efleaa

8) Are you opened to commission work?
Yes. Always. You can contact me in any of my stores or direct on my website, artbybelle.com

9) What was your favorite piece of work? If you have a photo, include it.

My first tiny sketch. (above) Edward's Indecision.

8) Do you sell in a brick & mortar shop? If so where?
Yes mainly locally in Fair Grove, Missouri.

2 comments:

Marlene said...

That is a great sketch and an interesting interview.

Lisa said...

Wonderful work from Belle, A delightful member of our dawg art team and so proud to have her with us!! :)

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...