Thursday, February 18, 2010

Counting Blessing's - Tammy Moody

Tammy Moody is quite a talented person. I first met her as an ACEO artist. She's a member of the Designing Artist Womens Group ( DAWG) Team on Etsy.  She's jumped in an become one of the driving forces on the Team to support Lisa.  Her animal art is awesome. They look so real.




Tammy has also gotten into greeting cards. She self trained herself on graphics software and does some really cool cards.  Here's one on the right.....isn't it adorable...speaking of counting blessings....having Tammy as one of my online friends is definitely a blessing to me!

1) Tell us about yourself.
My name is Tam Fleetwood Moody. I have been creating art since I was a little kid. I am a self taught artist and have been taking college classes on and off for the last five years. I hope to eventually get my degree in the art field, but am uncertain at this point which avenue I will travel. I am just looking forward to being able to take some college training at some point in the very near future. I am a realism and portrait artist for the most part and I dabble in illustration and graphic design as well. I create greeting cards online at Greeting Card Universe and sell my cards independently too. I also sell my paintings and drawings online and independently. Norman Rockwell is one of my favorite illustrators.

2) What are your preferred mediums and art scale (miniature, large art, etc) My preferred mediums are prisma colored pencils, charcoal, ebony pencils, and acrylics. I prefer large scale art, but in the last several years have been trying to move into a smaller scale because I enjoy making ACEO cards. In the last twenty five years, I have painted on anything from old spoons, buckets, and shoes to cowskulls and emu eggs- so there are lots of places people might see my work. In the last five years, I have developed a true passion for digital arts and am learning more each day and developing my skills in that area. This is something I definately will expand on when I begin taking the art side of my college classes. I think it is important to keep an eye on current trends in art and right now, digital artistry has quickly become a mainstream.

3) What are your inspirations.
Gosh, I could find inspiration anyplace, in an old garage with lots of machinery, animals, in a field of clover, nature and people, I like patterns and objects that repeat, so I can find inspiration in my spoon drawer for that matter. lol Doesn't matter where I am at, I can find something to work on or focus my attention on and create it. Guess it comes from having to entertain myself outdoors as a kid. We made cars from cucumbers, mud pies, castles in the snow and forts and dug outs- so I have always been creating. It also helped that my Mom would encourage me to create- no matter where we were at. She'd give me a stick and tell me to draw her pictures in the dirt outside, or crayons and paper indoors.

4) Describe your art style.
Realism

5) Do you do anything other than painting (jewelry, crafts) I love to create crafts, quilts, quilt tops are a real passion- again with the patterns and repitition.

6) If you blog, what is your blog link.

7) Where do you sell online?
I sell online at Greeting Card Universe, Ebay occasionally, Etsy at times, Cafe Press, Zazzle, Overstock.Com, Fine Arts of America.

8) Are you opened to commission work?
When I have time, yes I do take commissions.

9) What was your favorite piece of work? If you have a photo, include it.
I haven't created it yet.

8) Do you sell in a brick & mortar shop? If so where?
Just out of my home in the community. I have been invited to several galleries, including one in California and one in New York, but so far haven't decided to go that route. I do show from time to time though when I receive invitations.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Post! I so enjoyed reading more about Tammy, she is a very talented artist, that's for sure. I am proud being a member of the dawg team with you and Tammy. : )

Marlene said...

Great post, Tammy is one special artist, her cards are terrific. Thanks for letting us get to know her a little better.

readingsully2 said...

Tammy's work is lovely. :)

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...