I always admire people who sew. It's kinda like carpentry, you gotta be precise or it doesn't fit. I'm not one of those precise people....sometimes I color outside the lines if you know what I mean.
The pillow pictured is one of my favorite items in her shop and it is part of the Old Farmhouse Gathering Team's Spring Fling Celebration. To see more wonderful items search OFGSFC on Etsy.com
1. What is the name of your Etsy shop and why did you choose that name? My Etsy shop name is Teresa's Prim Treasures. When I first started attending craft shows and needed to apply for a tax ID number I was told your name had to be in your title to avoid filing for a fictious name. I loved "Primitives" and wanted others to "treasure" my creations for years to come. So, putting all 3 of these together I came up with Teresa's Primitive Treasures for my website. When I opened my Etsy shop I shortened it a bit to TeresasPrimTreasures.
2. How long have you been on Etsy? I joined Etsy in September of 2007 but didn't list anything to sell until 5 months later. So I began selling in March 2008.
3. What type of items do you offer? My husband makes shelves, cabinets, cupboards and anything wooden I ask him to craft..... most of the time.... and I do the sanding and painting. I also love to paint and sew! You will find all 3 types of work in my shop. I love working with wool and hand stitching!
4. How long have you been crafting? I started sewing Amish dolls and dressed bunnies back in 1989 for a local gift shop..... so that would make it 20 years! Really hard to believe! I've been so fortunate to be a stay at home mom and craft for that long.
5. Who or What inspires you? My mother is my greatest inspiration! She has a house full of antiques and ideas for projects. I love looking at old books and surfing the web for interesting patterns!
6. What is your favorite item in your shop and why? I would say my Tattered Prairie Dolls. I created and named them after my nieces and my first Granddaughter. They have done quite well for me over the years!