Thursday, June 14, 2012

More Sailabration!

Indonesian Tall Ship
 Well today was second day of  Sailabration for me. The DH (Darling Husband) wanted to see the Tall Ships so we headed out early for the Baltimore Harbor. I didn't have too much trouble finding parking thankfully.
Indonesia notice the carved wood on mast.















We walked to the Harbor and jumped right on the Indonesian tall ship. It was beautiful lots of carved wood. The crew was very friendly.

Ecuador
Then it was over to the Tall Ship from Ecuador. It was also very beautiful. I had to chuckle, they had a jolly roger flag and also a skull painted on one of their mask. When we got on it, there was music playing...latin salsa! People were dancing around. It was fun watching them.

USS Monsoon
The Tall Ship lines were getting really long so we high tailed it over to the Gray Hull ships.We were one of the first groups to get on the USS Moonson (coastal cruiser). The young man who did our tour was noticeably nervous but he did a great job and was very thorough. It was small but powerful little ship.

Some fancy gun...I forget what it was called
There was a little boy with our group and he was so smart. He was asking very pointed we thought out questions about the engines and also weapons. I wonder how he knew all that? He was only about 10 or so.


Bounty
Well as if I hadn't had enough of harbors and ships, in the evening I was off to Annapolis to meet a friend for coffee at the Harbor. And what did we run into? 

You guessed it another Tall Ship. This one was the Bounty ...built in the 60's for the movie Mutiny and the Bounty with Marlon Brando. It was closed so we couldn't get on it but it was cool to see it.

Sunset behind the State House in Annapolis
So what a fun day...not planned it just all happened. I love spontaneity.





No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...