Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks.....

Today I have so much for which to thank God:
  • My family: husband Glenn of 34 years, children Joe and Jackie, Mom and Dad, my brother Joe & all my extended family like my awesome cousins. I am also so fortunate to have an adorable little 4 year old grandson, Mason, who is the light of my life.
  • My friends. Some are long time friends back to my school days. Others I've met through work, church or hatting or painting.  Then there are the virtual friends that I've met online through Etsy teams, Ebay, Facebook, or Twitter and never met face to face but I feel as if I've know them for years and have become an important part of my life.
  • For retirement and the ability to enjoy life and to be available to help my elderly parents.  
  • My health. I'm so grateful that I have been for the most part had a healthy life. 
  •  Laughter. Thanks go up also for the fact that most of my life has been filled with lots of laughter. You know what they say about a spoonful of sugar!
  • Creation & Nature. I'm always in awe of God whether it's a landscape view, a bug on a flower or a beautiful sunset.

  • But my biggest thanks would be for LIFE. Thank you God for putting me on this Earth so that I am able to enjoy all these things and those who are important to me.
And so today I pray:

Father in Heaven, Creator of all and source of all goodness and love, please look kindly upon us and receive our heartfelt gratitude in this time of giving thanks.

Thank you for all the graces and blessings. You have bestowed upon us, spiritual and temporal: our faith and religious heritage. Our food and shelter, our health, the love we have for one another, our family and friends.

Dear Father, in Your infinite generosity, please grant us continued graces and blessings throughout the coming year.

This we ask in the Name of Jesus, Your Son and our Brother. Amen.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Happy Thanksgiving Joann - Lovely prayer.

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...