Saturday, October 2, 2010

The SKETCHBOOK has arrived!

Well yesterday I received me Sketchbook. I have been thinking about it since I sent for it and I was so excited I worked on it right away.



My theme is Make Mine a Double. I have finished one of the pages.  In reading about this sketchbook project I had heard the pages were very thin and boy are they!  So rather than glue the pages together and loosing pages as others have done, I think what I'll do is do a piece of art on the right and then on the left glue a piece of artpaper on it with a quote, line from a song or some other thing that might relate to my artwork.  I haven't begun working on that as yet but it's coming. I was thinking for the cheeseburger to have the nutritional content! I'll post photos when I finish it. But the art first!

I had wanted to do watercolor but the pages are so thin so I am going to work lightly with watercolor pencils and control the amount of water I use on the brush.
Colored pencils seem to work the best so far for me. The Double Cheeseburger is colored pencil. The cover is Delta Acrylic paints sprayed with a matt finish.

3 comments:

readingsully2 said...

Cute Cover and can't wait to see more.

Lee said...

Looking Good, Joann! I like that theme :D

Good for you opting in on this project. Does the tour stop nearby so you can check out yours and the others?

Joann said...

Yes in Washington DC

Popular Posts

My Blog Rings