Monday, July 27, 2009

Guardian Angels

So I was looking at my things in my Etsy shop this morning thinking what can I promote and all of a sudden I saw the angel ornament and this prayer came to me. It's one that I learned as a child:


Guardian Angel Prayer-


Angel of God, my Guardian Dear. To whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day be at my side to light and guard and rule and guide. Amen


Guardian Angels. We all have one. At least that is what I believe.  Do you send your angel off on missions? I do every time my kids go someplace and I'm home safe and sound, I say, "Guardian Angel go take care of Joe or Jackie and keep them safe."  He's always on the run.  Have you ever felt the prescense of your angel? I have many times but here's a story for you.


I remember one time when I was driving on a foggy morning across a very busy highway (Route 100 at Magothy Bridge for those of you in the Dena). I was at a light and it changed green. I generally don't drive fast. I usually accelerate slowly from a light but that morning something/someone pressed the gas pedal to the floor and I flew across the double laned highway. As I just got through safely, a huge Mack truck flew through what was for him a red light. He evidentally didn't see it in the thick fog. Had I been going my usual speed I'd have been dead.


I pulled over to the side of the road. My knees where shaking. He pulled over on the highway and I'm sure he felt the same way.  I know I didn't push that pedal down. Who did? I"m sure it was my guardian angel who has been with me all my life. He's taken care of me many times but this was the most obvious.  So to my Guardian Angel, "Thank you for everything you've done for me. For keeping me safe. For going out to protect my children when I ask. For carrying my prayers and praises from my heart up to God for me. And when my time on this Earth comes to an end, for helping me to find my way to heaven."


 


The ornament is available on Etsy.com  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27413409


 


 




 


 

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Lovely ornament, lovely prayer and moving story. Thanks for sharing Joann

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...