Thursday, April 1, 2010

Holy Week Reflection


Thinking back on tonight's Holy Thursday Mass, I can't help thinking about all Jesus went through for us. As I knelt before the Cross, I was thinking, why did You have to have such a horrible torturous death? And then I heard a voice say "Because it was SO horrible.  Would the world remember a death  that wasn't so horrible for over 2,000 years?"

I know He's right but I just wish that someone I love didn't have to suffer such pain and agony.

Some of my non-Catholic friends have asked me in the past why Catholic's crosses have the crucified Christ on it since He is risen. Yes, He is risen. But if not for that image of that horrible, horrible death would we really remember what He suffered for our sins?

Every time I gaze upon the Cross I remember and I think I am not worthy for that sacrifice and suffering.

........and tonight before I go to bed a song is stuck in my head "Jesus Remember me, when You come into Your Kingdom. Jesus, remember me, when You come into Your Kingdom". 

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Amen, wonderful post for this special time.

Debra Keirce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra Keirce said...

Sorry Joann - I called you Joanne in that last post.....Happy Easter!

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...