Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Punky & Funky

I love this crazy steam punk vase.  I painted it and then applied a green luster around the gear & along the edge. This photo doesn't do it justice. I love the look of the lusters in general. 
It's not my usual style. I really liked it but apparently others didn't. I have painted other steam punk porcelain pieces which sold immediately. Not this piece. 


So I'm taking a chance and reinventing it. Sometimes things just need a little touch of something different.  I've wired it with various pieces of metal hardware giving it more of an industrial look. We will see how it goes. What do you think? Even if you aren't a steam punk fan. Hardware or no hardware?

It's even funkier looking and I still like it. I'm thinking I need to sell this so I am not tempted to change my cottage style over to steam punk. My kids will think I am suffering from mid life crisis if I do that! LOL

Here's the  link on Etsy if you like it. LINK TO VASE



No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...