Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Annie (L) and Me (R). I always stood out with my Italian Cousins.
My cousin Annie and I were so close when we were young. She was the little sister I never had but always wanted.  As she got older she moved away and we had not seen each other in years.

Then one day she found me on the internet from my Fotki photo web page. I had a bunch of old family photos in it. We would occasionally email each other. Then came Facebook and it all changed. Suddenly we could share photos and talk in real time. We found our other cousins and could talk with them and play games together.

We had a cousin reunion and spent some time talking and sharing old stories and laughs.
It was wonderful.

But the most wonderful thing is that tomorrow, Dad and I are flying down to Cedar Key Florida to spend 5 days with her and her husband. It will be so good to spend quality time with my little sister/cousin.

Dad needs this trip (and me too). He has been away from his family for quite a while. Mom got more and more antisocial as she aged and had health problems and she never wanted to go anywhere...no trips locally, let alone out of state. Dad is so excited. Annie has planned an awesome couple of days for us. But aside from fishing, clamming and seafood, the best part of this is spending time with her.

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...