Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It Touched My Heart


Over the past year, I have been volunteering for both Kindergarten and 1st Grade at my Grandson's school. Today in the Kindergarten something happened that touched my heart and I'd like to share.

Every day the teacher pulls the name for a Mystery Student. She picks a name in the morning and no one else knows who it is until later in the day. They all want to be good so when she calls the name they get the award which is a little toy that sits on their shoulder that designates them as the Mystery Student. The little boy chosen today from time to time has problems staying focused and being good. He's come a long way since the beginning of the year but he still needs a little work.

Well today when the teacher said who it was, not only he was excited  to be chosen but the whole class was as well.  All the kindergartners were coming up and hugging him and congratulating him. It was so sweet...it touched my heart. These special moments are the reason I volunteer. 

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...