Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Feature

My Friday Feature today are members of two of my Etsy Teams.  The first one is from Old Farmhouse Gathering Team (OFG Team). What wonderful things you can find from cottage to primitive with this awesome team.

Signs of Patriotism by JaNae Manley



Her shop name, Signs of Patriotism, came from her son. He came up with this name when hercrafts business evolved into a sign biz with a heavy emphasis on military signs. Her inspiration are those who serve in the military and sacrifice for their country so that we can enjoy our freedom. JaNae has been on Etsy for a year. She has some awesome patriotic signs as well as some more humorous like my personal favorite that is pictured here. Her favorite item in her shop is a sign that says  Home is Where the Military sends us - because it creates conversation between new and old friends and sparks great memories from different duty stations we have served. She also sells on Ebay, has a website and is in several brick & mortar stores around the country.

Next is someone from the Designing Artists Womens Group (DAWG Team) LeePierce 

Lee has been working on watercolors since 1998 and she says it's still an adventure. She does beautiful work. I especially like her new series of shells. Of course I'm partial to anything having to do with the ocean.

This one is one of my favorites. I have one of her starfish framed in my home. It was on the front of a card for one of our DAWG Team swaps and it was so beautiful that I framed it. Everytime I look at it I think of her! Most of her work is in small format or ACEO's (always 2.5 x 3.5 inches).

Drop by these ladies etsy shops. I made it easy for you and made a link above. I promise you won't be disappointed.

9 comments:

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Two wonderful features Joann!!
Kim

Unknown said...

Great features!

Barb said...

Joann,
What a great post on two great artists. I love JaNae's work and I am now headed to see Lee's shop.
The artwork is outstanding!
Thanks for sharing!!
Barb

Lee Pierce said...

Joann you are such a sweetie! Wonderful feature..Have to check out JaNae's shop.
Thanks so much. I am truly honored that you included me.
Lee

Marlene said...

Great choices Joann, Thanks for sharing.

KEEPSAKE KORNER said...

Great feature on two wonderful artists!
Enjoyed this.
Hugs
Susan

Laura of TheQuiltedPumpkin/WildThymeThreads said...

Very nice features, Joann. It was a pleasure learning about two other Etsy artists :)
~Laura Sweet

yorkie's primitives said...

Great feature Joann. I love that sign!! There are some very talented artists at OFG, Valerie

Maria said...

Nice Sign!!

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...