Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Worthy Cause



This unique handcrafted wall hanging heirloom is being donated by the DAWG group (Designing Artist's Womens Group) in an effort to raise awareness about women's breast cancer. 100% of the money raised by this auction will be donated to Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Fund. Several of our members made ACEO sized quilting blocks and all were hand pieced into a 19 x 25 inch wall hanging and then it was also quilted by hand. The DAWG Group hopes you will enjoy & help support our "Quilting For A Cure" cause! Please go to the Ebay listing to bid!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360108741783

Title: "Quilting For A Cure" Hand Quilted Wall Hanging
Size: 19x25 inches

1 comment:

Debra Keirce said...

Joann, that is a lovely quilt, and I hope it sells for a lot more than I can afford! Char made me a quilt with aceo blocks awhile back, and the blocks have plastic pockets on them, so you can change out the aceos. I love it! It's hanging in my dining room. Aceos and quilts are a natural pairing, I think. DEB

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...