Thursday, February 6, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

So yesterday I came across this photograph. I was going through a box of photographs that belonged to my parents who passed away last year.  

Every time I found a photo it seemed that everyone in the photo had passed away and I was crying with each photo I looked at.

Then I came across this photo. It cracked me up. I laughed out loud. In the picture it's me, my Dad and my brother Joey. As you can see we were the the verge of hysteria.  My Dad always had a smile on his face, he was always laughing and even on some of the worst days of his life especially at the end, he was always smiling and laughing. That's what I'll always remember about him.

It was as if Dad was saying, "Don't cry Joanna, I'm still here. I love you Baby."  Yeah Dad I know you are. I'm getting the signals.

But anyway back to the photo....we were laughing because this was the second photo taken that day. The first one I was sitting on the floor with my knees up!  Mom took the photo and then said afterwards, "Jesus Mary & Joseph, I have to take that damn picture again. Joanna, you gotta hole in them damn pants." I jumped up on the sofa and we all couldn't keep it together. You can see I'm holding those legs together tight. What a crazy memory....Thanks for the laugh Dad.

.

No comments:

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...