Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  Today I am thankful  to God for the following...my top 10:
1) my parents, in their 80's I'm so fortunate to still have them.
2) the love of my family, especially my husband, children and grandson
3) my friends who make my life so full of laughter and fun
4) retirement...it was worth working all those years...going straight to work after high school.
5) my God given talents. They bring me such joy.
6) my health
7) that my grandparents chose to take the chance on coming to America to find the American dream
8) that I finally got the last of the wallpaper down in this house this year! wooo hooo
9) my kitties...I have 2 of the best girls in the world
10) that I have a roof over my head, food in my belly and clothes on my body....I pray for all those who do not have that...........


So what are YOU thankful for today?

----------------------
the ACEO above is no longer available.

4 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Joann! Love your punkin pie. :)

This year is very hard for me, being it's the first without my father. But I will definitely give you a small list:

1. Thankful that my father and I reconciled before he passed 6 weeks ago.

2. Thankful for my puppy who always brings me unexepected joy when I need it.

3. Thankful for my bloggie friends and all their support.

4. Thankful for my job, even if it does suck! hahaha :)

5. THankful I could bless my baby brother on the street in California and a local lady this holiday season.

Hugs!! :)

Alexandra MacVean said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Joann. Let's try commenting again. Having huge issues with blogger again. Sigh.

Love your painting of the punkin pie. My fave!

This year is hard for me with my father now being gone but will give a list:

1. I'm thankful my father and I reconciled before he passed 6 weeks ago.

2. I'm thankful for puppy who brings me unexpected joys when I need it.

3. Thankful for all of my caring bloggie peeps.

4. Thankful I have a job even if it does suck! haha

Hugs!! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful painting of pie, yum!
I'm thankful for my family, my health, the good weather and my discovery of blogging, Happy Thanksgiving

Tins and Treasures said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Joann,
It sounds like you had a nice day with your family. Ours was pretty quiet...just the four of us and all our favorite foods. And now deciding if we should go shopping at midnight!

I am thankful for my family, good health, and that we all have good jobs!

Enjoy the weekend. ~Natalie

A Day in the Past

Facebook reminded me that  8 years ago I was at the coliseum in Rome. The most amazing observation I made was that it was so quiet. People s...