....it's raining, I'm bored. That means I'm on the computer surfing so here' some interesting Easter Trivia I came across...
- The name Easter owes its origin from Eastre, the Anglo-Saxon goddess who symbolizes hare and egg.
- Easter always falls between March 22 and April 25.
- Pysanka is a specific term used for the practice of Easter egg painting.
- From the very early times, egg has been considered to be the most important symbol of rebirth.
- The initial baskets of Easter were given the appearance of bird's nests.
- The maiden chocolate eggs recipes were made in Europe in the nineteenth century.
- Each year witnesses the making of nearly 90 million chocolate bunnies.
- Next to Halloween, Easter holiday paves way for confectionary business to boom.
- When it comes to eating of chocolate bunnies, it is the ears that are preferred to be eaten first by as many as 76% of people.
- In the catalogue of kids' favorite Easter foodstuff, Red jellybeans occupy top most position.
This is one of the new pieces of porcelain that I've finished and put up in my Bonanzle store. I've been painting up a storm with special orders, gifts, and new items for my two shops. Here's the link for this if you are interested..Mother's Day is coming up!!!!!http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/EclecticSpirit/items/Handpainted_China_Cake_Knife